Membership has its benefits!
To join Theatre BC as a member please visit ONLINE MEMBERSHIP. To PRINT a membership application form, please click on the appropriate link:
The Theatre BC Club Card is a laminated personalized membership privilege card that features the commissioned artwork of North Vancouver and Commonwealth Games (1994) artist Ken Wesman
What is the Theatre BC Club Card?
The Theatre BC Club Card entitles members to pre-authorized discounts on:
- Box Office prices at more than 135 professional, post-secondary and Member Clubs’ (community) theatres throughout BC;
- Registration Fees for Theatre BC Regional Workshops, the New Play Workshops (in conjunction with Theatre BC’s Annual Canadian National Playwriting Competition), and the annual 10 Zone Festivals and provincial MAINSTAGE Festival;
- Issued directly to current Individual, Family, Youth & Talent Bank members on a 1-year or 3-year renewal basis;
- Offers from various corporate and retail sponsors around the Province.
Why the Club Card Program?
- Provides access to individual benefits as a Theatre BC Member and makes year-round theatre activities and services more affordable, more accessible, more often;
- Serves as promotional support between different levels of B.C.’s theatre community and, with corporate participation, a distinctive and practical connection between the theatre and related business services;
- Represents a unifying and personal link between Theatre BC and the theatre practitioner or supporter at any level in any location in the province.
How Does It Work?
Participating theatres supply a completed “Agreement To Honour” form to the Theatre BC office.
Members present their Club Card at the time of purchase and pay the pre-determined discount price. (At box offices, the Club Card entitles the Member to one ticket per Card at a time).
The Club Card Program is intended to extend existing discount programs NOT necessarily to introduce new levels of ticket or purchase prices. Suggestions for honouring the Card are:
- THEATRES: Charge a lesser or the lowest published ticket price; ie: an Adult pays a Student or Senior rate; a Student or Senior pays a “Group Rate”, OR piggy-back the Club Card on an existing discount plan, such as the Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance or Equity card.
- HOTELS: Charge Corporate or Government rates upon presentation of the Club Card.
- CORPORATE, RETAIL & THEATRICAL SUPPLIERS: Wholesale prices or pre-set discounts, (20% for example).
There is no limit to the number of times a member can use their Club Card over their given year, however, ALL SPONSORS maintain the right to limit acceptance of the Card subject to availability, such as specific performance nights, non-sale items or accommodation bookings, etc.
How Do Club Card Sponsors Benefit?
A productive form of “sponsorship” based on the exchange of privileged rates to Theatre BC members for exposure and directed business from Theatre BC members:
- Encourages greater frequency due to privileged rates;
- Sponsors are listed FREE of Charge in the quarterly Theatre BC NEWS, direct-mailed to members throughout BC. Sponsor updates are also regularly featured with details of benefits offered to Club Card-holders;
- Corporate logos will be included in Theatre BC membership brochures for public display to increase sponsor recognition province-wide;
- For professional theatres and performing arts centres, the Club Card encourages a “new” audience who do not or cannot otherwise afford to support professional or touring productions.
What Does It Cost?
There is NO financial obligation to participate. Simply promote your participation and supply discount details to Theatre BC for promotion to members.
How Do You Become A Sponsor?
- Contact Theatre BC to discuss ways to honour the Club Card;
- Complete and return the “Agreement to Honour”, which is perpetual, can be amended by the sponsor or cancelled at any time and simply serves as a central record of membership benefits with the Club Card;